I can't help but be drawn to pumpkin recipes right now - it reminds me of fall and makes me super happy! Pumpkin Bread and Pumpkin Soup are two of my favorite fall foods. I must admit though that I was a wee-bit nervous about the pumpkin alfredo recipe that I came across in my hunt for more yummy pumpkin recipes... it just sounds odd?!? But - I tried it - and we LIKED it! It was very flavorful, simple, and quick - which makes me even happier!
Soooo don't stop reading or turn your nose up - trust me it's GOOD! I did make a couple changes by adding brocoli and chicken, which made it more hearty and filling - and healthier too, right?!?
Pumpkin Alfredo Pasta
- 1 Package Pasta (I would use linguine or wide egg noodles)
- 1/2 batch Guiltless Alfredo Sauce (trust me, you want to make this alfredo sauce!!!)
- 1 T real butter
- 1/4 C minced onion
- 1/2 C canned pumpkin (try more if you love pumpkin, this is really mild)
- 2 T Chicken broth
- 1T chopped fresh sage (1t dried leaves)
- 1/2 T fresh thyme (1/2 t dried leaves)
- 1 cup cooked chicken - cubed
- 1/2 cup cooked brocoli
Cook the pasta according to the directions. In a separate large pan melt butter on medium heat. When melted, add onion and saute until soft. Add chicken broth and herbs and whisk together. Add pumpkin and whisk to combine. Add alfredo sauce, stir to combine, and cook until heated through. Add the cooked chicken and brocoli and mix well. Once it is heated through - serve over the pasta with parmesan cheese and yummy homemade bread!
*Recipe adapted from http://www.ourbestbites.com/