I can't believe it's almost 2012! Like really can't believe it... It feels like just yesterday I was packing my bags to come home from N.Africa or that I was putting on my beautiful wedding dress to marry my most wonderful handsome hubby - but NO - it's nearly 2012 and we've celebrated over a year of marriage!
As we spent time in New York and over the Christmas Holidays, we've been chatting about what we accomplished throughout 2011 and what we want to accomplish in the coming year. We've chatted about the things that we didn't quite get accomplished and the "failures" that we have faced this year. I love that about the ending of a year and the beginning of a new year - it refocuses my heart and mind, and some times gets me off my booty!
So here was my list for 2011: (well, not all of my list -just the ones that I want to share...)
- Read through the Bible with Dan each night - we missed several and changed to different plans so we didn't accomplish reading the whole Bible... boooo
- Play PS3 with Dan once a week- man I failed miserably at this one!!
- Try a new recipe each week
- Go to the gym 2/3 times each week
- Lose 52 pounds this year (one pound a week!) - well, I did'nt quite accomplish this but I did lose over 20! That's a step in the right direction!!
- Read 2 books a month
- Blog at least twice a week
- Learn how to play guitar, practice at least twice a week
- Visit three new places with Dan this year
- Memorize a scripture verse each week with Dan
- Study arabic and use it for at least an hour a week (call friends, write, etc.)
- Invite friends over once a month for a meal or just to get together
- Complete my blog book and my photo journey book of my time in N.Africa - I got half done! yeah!!
- Learn how to SEW! still learning though, have much more to learn!
As I look back at 2011 and this list, there is still more to learn and do and experience. But I must admit, I do love crossing off that list!! So while I'm not extremely happy about not meeting all of my 2011 goals, I look forward to doing a better job in the coming year.
So here's to making a new list for 2012! I should probably start working on that, right?!
What are things on your list for the coming year?