Yes, I'm still using up all the peaches my dad has so lovingly passed on to us....
But, he assures me that after this basket, I won't be getting anymore. SAD!
So yesterday, I "labored" away (get it... yesterday was Labor Day?!?) and made some fresh peach salsa. It was so yummy and fresh and sweet and I could have eaten the whole bag of chips and bowl of salsa by myself, but I didn't. Promise!
- 4-5 peaches, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 can Rotel, drained - can use fresh tomatoes.
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely diced - can use green or yellow.
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder- or more if you like it spicy!
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and serve immediately with chips.
For a spicier version add a little bit of jalapeño or cayenne pepper to taste.
*Adapted from one of my favorite local blogs: www.shewearsmanyhats.com