We love us some enchiladas! One of the very first meals that I cooked for Dan when we started dating was one of my favorites, this enchilada recipe packed full of yummy veggies and sweet pineapple goodness. It's super yummy and healthy and different - which by now, you know we both love! It's also super easy and fairly fast. In all the times that I've made these, we've never snapped a pic - but I just had to go ahead and post the recipe because a friend was asking me the other day for it - so here goes! Enjoy - we sure did last night!!
(I don't think these are the Pineapple Enchiladas - but they all look the same and this is pretty boring without a pic?!? ha)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup) I've also used yellow or green - whatever I have at the time!
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits in juice, drained, 1/3 cup juice reserved
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- 1 can (10 oz) enchilada sauce- we prefer hot, but you can make them more mild too.
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 or 9 inch)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 8 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro