- 8 ounces wagon wheel pasta noodles (you could probably use 4 oz. and have plenty!)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast (you can use rotisserie chicken if you want something really quick!)
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes (used tex-mex diced tomatoes)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small can corn
- 1/2 cup white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry Spicy Ranch seasoning from packet
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and run under cool water to stop cooking.
2. Heat oil in 9 inch deep cast iron skillet. Add onions and peppers, cook stirring until softened about 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook stirring for 1 minute. Add chicken, tomatoes, broth, corn, beans, pasta, chili powder, cumin, Ranch seasoning and cilantro.
4. Stir until well combined. Reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to serve.
*adapted recipe from PickyPalate.com. Love this blog and her recipes!!