This year, we bought several cooking pumpkins and made our own fresh pumpkin puree instead of buying canned pumpkin. It was a lot more tasty, "healthy", and economical. I'm not saying the recipes we made were "healthy" just the fresh pumpkin part...
Here are the yummy dishes that we've been enjoying around our home lately.
1. Fresh Pumpkin Pie from Market District - so very yummy and I only made a few changes to the recipe. I didn't do the streusel topping and I cheated and bought a pre-made pie crust (I was in a hurry....). I also added all spice and nutmeg to the spice mixture.
2. Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Sweat Pea's Kitchen blog. Who doesn't love snickerdoodles? These just have a hint of pumpkin and are so good! I couldn't stop eating them!!
3. Harvest Pumpkin Soup from Sweat Pea's Kitchen blog too- You can't go wrong with this version of pumpkin soup. It's filled with flavor and topped with Blue Cheese - oh snap! It was good!!
4. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars by Bake at 350 blog. These have chocolate and pumpkin! It's a quick and great fall rendition of the traditional chocolate chip cookie bars I always loved as a kid.
5. Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes from Annie Eats' Blog - OH MY! These were so yummy and reminded me of one of my favorite drinks from Starbucks - these little cupcakes were filled with great spices and coffee!
There are so many other recipes that I didn't quite get to this year, even though I'm probably not done making pumpkin recipes just quite yet. For more recipes using pumpkin, check out my Oh Pumpkin collection on Pinterest.